Coit Avenue Gravel Company damage . . .customers beware!
This past summer I hired a concrete installer to pour a new driveway at my house. It turned out great and I was very happy with the contractor. Initially, my attention was on the good looking new drive. I soon noticed that the concrete trucks had done massive damage to my private drive. I share this drive with 2 other neighbors. The Coit Avenue Gravel Co. cement trucks had failed to stay in the middle of the asphalt road and completely torn up a 40ft section of road. In a 2nd location with edge damage, I even found a large pile of cement where they obviously cleaned out their spillway. The actually cleaned out their equipment for a job on my neighbors property. My neighbor was very upset about the trash left behind and even more upset about the damage they caused to our road. These drivers are well aware of the fact the they need to stay in the middle of the road as it is thicker there.
After numerous attempts to get Coit Avenue Gravel to fix the damage, they finally just said, "Go ahead and sue us, we don't care." So do we take the chance an sue them and waste tons of time and money, or just pay to have it fixed. We have estimates up to $2,500 to repair. A lawyer and court fees could easily hit that.
Obviously we won't use Coit Avenue Gravel again and will be on site for future pours. If you are having work done, please ask that they not use Coit. They were terrible in how they handled this situation. Also remember to spell out everything in your contract and take photos before and after.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Poured Concrete
- Review category
- Home Construction and Repair
You May Also Like
- "I just had one of Leaffilter's sleasy sales people over at my place. They basically use any sales tactic to get the sale. Here are a couple things I have..."
- "There are several windows in our home that have accumulated mold that keeps coming back ever since it was built in 2003. We moved in December of 2003 and..."
- "August 8: salesman and order.August 20: no contact from company. I called and made the order.Sept 7: Installation day.Sept 13: ongoing problems.The installers arrived with ceramic tile, and 3 backer..."
- "Our home has been two years in the planning and building. Over a year ago I went to Rock Tops in Saline, MI and met with David Gough. Our architect..."
- "On May 19, 2014 my belongings were moved by my local Two Men and a Truck. As a senior, I hired them because of their claims like "movers who..."
- "Dishonest Seller Clown Fish USA.com owner Rudy VasquezBack in the early part of July I had posted on several forums looking for adult clownfish. Rudy contact me telling me he..."
- "I have had a terrible experience with light in the box! I paid (Oct. 12) for item with express expedited shipping (3-4 business days) (1-3 days for processing). I have..."
- "My girlfriend and I checked into the Comfort Inn in Mt. Airy, N.C., only to find bed bugs in the room. With nowhere else to go, we were put..."
- "Last Thursday, my 2005 Dodge Ram locked down while driving a block from my house. It dropped the driveshaft and rear wheels locked. I found that there was..."